Tuesday, January 28, 2014

There's Gotta Be More To Life...

Do you ever feel the same? Like you were made for something bigger than what you are going through right now? This world is SO large and there is SO much to experience. So many careers, so many people. There has to be more to this life than what we are going through right now. I know there is. I feel it every day and sometimes I let it get the better of me and I try to rush life. I am guilty of not always enjoying the journey I am currently on. I want to get to the next one, and the one after that.

Then I sit back and thing, there is more to life. And that's great and all but I need to remember that what is in my life NOW is important. Someday I will be helping more people than I am today. And someday I will see all of the things in the world that I want to see. And I NEVER have to stop looking forward to that. I should NEVER stop looking forward to that. Those thoughts are what keep me push today. But today is what is important. Today is what matters and now is what matters. 

There is nowhere else in my life I would rather be that now. Because right now I have amazing family members and some spectacular friends. Right now I am experiencing new and incredible things on their own terms. Right now I am 20 years young and I am happy and getting healthy. Right now I am inspiring others to do the same. One day I will have a killer team of my own who understand people and their needs. But right now I am PART of a killer team that understands people and their needs and that makes me so unbelievably happy. I have to stop anticipating my next journey and enjoying the one that I am. 

I suggest you do the same. Enjoy the car ride. Look around. Anticipate the mountains in front of you and the valleys behind you. Do not let the horizon take hold of your focus. You WILL get there. You will succeed. But today, you have to work for that success. You have to live your life in the now and give it your all. That is the only way you will get to the next place. Half ass-ing it isn't acceptable on the top. So take your blinders off. Because there are roses and colorful landscapes along the side of the road you are traveling and they are begging for your attention. Don't let them go unnoticed. 

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment