Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sometimes you have to go for your dreams...

Life is truly what you make it. That's not a cliche, that's not just an overused saying. That is the truth. You can take life and making it what you want to make it. You can move away from your home, you can take or make a new job, you can start a new business, you can quite doing something that makes you unhappy. You can do whatever you want to do. You are not responsible for anyone but yourself (and kids if you have them. Please do abandon them.)

Some people are so stuck in this mentality that they cannot get out of the rut that they are stuck in. Please head my writing THIS IS NOT TRUE. When I starting coaching for health and fitness related things, I sometimes had doubts. Why would people listen to me? I am overweight. Why would people take me seriously? I'm only 20. But then I started looking at successful people and thought "Why not me?" I am smart. I am dedicated. I care about people. I am all of the things people LOOK FOR in a health and fitness coach. And I'm going through the same exact thing that they are. So why not me?

From there I pulled myself out of my pity party and turned it into a happiness party. I was doing well. I am happy, I have a great job. I enjoy my work more than ever. I invested and believed in myself and took control and look at where I am.

You can be there too. This is not a joke. WHY NOT YOU?! You better look in the mirror and realize you are the only one standing in your way right now. You can't get a promotion? Maybe you aren't working hard enough. Or maybe you need to find another company who will value you. You are in a crappy relationship? Get out of it. You can leave. Anytime. There's the door. You are overweight? Purchase a program. Join a gym. Get a group of friends together.
Stop thinking so inside the box that you miss out on your life! This is the only one you get (granted unless you believe in reincarnation but chances are you wont remember living another life.) So who cares what age you! Who cares what you weight! Most of the time people don't even notice what you think they notice. You are the hardest person on yourself. So get off your own back and start DOING what you want to be doing.

There's a lot of tough love in tonight's post and I'm not going to apologize for it. Sometimes we all need a bit of tough love to get us back on track.

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment